Tuesday, September 16, 2008

CTWebBlog. com

CTWebblogs.com
I took a particular liking to the website ctwebblogs.com for starters because the colors attracted my interest. Although this a very small part of a website I feel it is important for the site to be attractive and the colors draw my attention. I also feel that this website brings personality in that it is directed mainly towards the state of Connecticut. It brings it to a local level allowing viewers to see what others are saying in their state. The website also includes some national news on a local level which I feel is very important. It ranges from blogs about the UConn huskies to stories that we published in the NY Times. As much as people are concerned with what is happening nationally they are more concerned with what national aspects will affect them personally. Also, the site includes other aspects that are not just primarily about the news. It allows people to read about certain things that may not be of national concern, such as someone’s experience with a new job. I feel that this is important because it adds a personal touch allowing the viewer to reference the website for advice from fellow peers as well. The site is easy to follow with its bright orange headlines. These pop out of the screen allowing the viewer to easily find the article they are interested in.

No comments: